Saturday, January 14, 2012

Shouldn't have turned the crank

The wife and I were heading back from a doctor appointment and we were hungry and lacking a lot of disposable income. The line at Starbucks was too long and I didn't want to risk McDonalds. So we decided to go in and sit down to eat a quick brunch. 
Regular readers may be suprised by my choice in  eating establishments. However, it was lte morning, we were in a bit of a hurry and Jack was close and serving breakfast.
I ordered a jumbo breakfast platter with sausage. Instead of xoffee, I aked for a snall diet DR Pepper. That confused the order-taker. Since my wife wanted hot tea, I sa22 it on the menu and aswked forthat.
:No hot tea, only iced" So I asked for decaf coffee. "No, don't know how."
Eventually she got her burger and a water. I got my platter with limp, cold bacon drapped over everythinge
Normally I don't send food back. I made an exception twice this time. I watched as the cook picked the bacon up with her fingers, touching all my food. I told her that I wanted a fresh platter and for her to wash her hands / wear glove between handling cash and food.
Finally getting my food, I wheeled over to my boot. Imagine my surprise when I found it was a handicapped accessible table - installed BACKWARDS to make it inaccessible.
Finally the food:  The eggs were overcooked, the pancakes cold and the sausage undercooked. But the hash browns were nice and crisp
It's not the worst fast food out there, but it isn't the best, either

No comments:

Post a Comment